Sunday, June 21, 2009

The Beginning of the Journey~


Teaching an English class in Class 5. 



Add Image

Bindyia holding her letter that she wrote to a student at Corey School.

Inspired by the summer trip to Nepal 2008 so graciously provided by a fellowship from Fund For Teachers, I saw the intense need  for improved education training, facilities, and exposure to literature. I felt inspired to find ways to help and requested the help of a local Nepali businessman, Digumber Piya. He helped arrange the summer volunteer mission. 


Truly, we must BE the change we wish to see in the world....as Gandhi says...and truly, each person does make a difference...big or small...all matter~

Namaste~


hg





4 comments:

  1. What a wonderful story. Thanks for the insight into how this journey really started for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ajk~
    thank you. I wanted to share the story of how I find myself here...
    I never would have dreamed, but so glad I did!
    Much Love,

    hg

    ReplyDelete
  3. What I love about this part of your story is the way you write about your prof with such obvious respect and admiration, and it seems to me that someday in the future, when you are the prof, folks who's lives you helped transform, will write about you in exactly the same way. Its a chain, it seems to me, of transformations that are being passed along :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Everything is related, to everything is related, to everything..."
    Isn't it???

    ;D
    Thank you Phensy!
    awesome!

    ReplyDelete