A few teachers from Bandipur!
There are several goals for the summer trip that I hope to accomplish successfully.
- Mentoring and Teaching English with our Scholarship Recipients
- Teaching English to Others in the Village (Women and other Children)
- Conducting a 12 Day Teachers' Training for Local Teachers (About 20 from k-12)
- Opening the Library/Resource Center for the Madhav Ghimire Foundation
- Learning Nepali (I will be taking language classes each morning!) :D
- Raise Awareness & Funds for Scholarships
I am looking forward to being immersed in the language and culture. We have had a variety of volunteers who have taught and mentored in different villages with great care and success. It seems in order to build relationships and most effective practices, volunteers who can stay for at least a few weeks have good success. I am looking forward to continuing the successful work that has been done before me!